- Optional Lines:
- (530) 752-1230;
- (530) 752-1234
(530) 752-1655 (day or night, 7 days a week)
Student Health Services:
on La Rue Road across from the ARC.
Davis Urgent Care:
in East Davis near Mace/Covell/2nd Street
4515 Fermi Place #105, Davis CA.
Sutter Davis Hospital:
in North Davis near 113 and Covell
2000 Sutter Place, Davis CA.
Loan-anh Nguyen, MAE Safety Coordinator
(408) 506-3277 (m) or longuyen*at*ucdavis.edu
Victor Duraj, MAE/BAE Safety Coordinator
(530) 848-6446 (m) or vduraj*at*ucdavis.edu
Kameron Chun, MAE/BAE Safety Coordinator
(916) 719-9064 (m) or ktchun*at*ucdavis.edu
Wilderich White, Safety Coordinator for Advanced Highway Maintenance Construction & Technology Center
EH&S Main Line, Environmental Health and Safety Help Desk
(530) 752-1493 or ehsdesk*at*ucdavis.edu
MAE Lab Contact and Hazards Form:
All PIs need to fill out the MAE Laboratory Contact and Hazards Form at least once a year or when needed when conditions or Laboratory Safety COntact changes.
Main MAE Safety Documents:
The following documents are the minimum documents required for each laboratory (signed copies kept in 2101 Bainer):
ALL TRAINING MUST BE DOCUMENTED AND RECORDS OF THIS TRAINING MUST BE KEPT IN THE LABORATORY’S SAFETY MANUAL.
Training records must include at a minimum the following:
- date of training
- trainer’s name
- topics of training
- printed list of attendee and their signature
- All participants in activities of the Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Department must have attended, at a minimum, the General Safety Seminar offered by the College of Engineering (COE) each Fall through MAE 297.
- The PI/Supervisor can provide this training. It must include the following topics:
- Each participant in a laboratory that has chemicals, or other hazards, must have attended, at a minimum, the UC Fundamentals of Laboratory Safety class offered by the campus’ Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) unit. You can register here.
- The Principal Investigator for each laboratory must specify what other training is required for the laboratory. The PI must either require training offered by EH&S or provide facility-specific training related to the activities in the laboratory. At a minimum, the PI must train participants on the standard operating procedures of the laboratory.
- The PI must also provide a documented safety orientation to any participant to their laboratory.
- UCD’s EH&S office offers safety training on such topics as Biological Safety and Medical Waste Management, Hazardous Waste Management, Chemical Laboratory Safety, Laser Safety, etc.
- Each laboratory must have a refresher training for all personnel, at least annually, covering laboratory-specific safety procedures, protocols, and practices.
- Document all laboratory-specific training including topics covered, who performed the training, and who attended using either the training checklist from the Chemical Hygiene Plan in your “Red Binder” or this MAE specific sheet edited appropriately.
At a minimum the following training topics should be covered:
- The Chemical Hygiene Plan and Standard Operating Procedures of each laboratory must be reviewed on an annual basis.