- Advanced Highway Maintenance and Construction Technology.
- Air Quality Research Center.
- C-STEM UC Davis Center for Integrated Computing and STEM Education.
- Hyundai Center of Excellence.
- iPGS -- Innovative Power Generation Systems.
- SpaceED Space Engineering Research and Graduate Program.
- TNNC Transportation Noise Control Center.
- Western Cooling Efficiency Center.
Following is a partial list of laboratories in our department.
- ACRES – Advanced Composite Research, Engineering and Science.
- Aerospace Wind Tunnel Facility – Wind tunnel computational projects, such as predictions of boundary layers and lift performance.
- Advanced Research for Manufacturing Systems (ARMS) Laboratory - Professor Soshi aims to improve machining and additive manufacturing processes for the state-of-the-art CNC machine tool systems in his Advanced Research for Manufacturing Systems (ARMS) laboratory.
- Bioinstrumentation and BioMEMS Laboratory – Research, design, and implementation of analytical sensors for extremely small concentrations of chemical and biological materials.
- Cyber-Human-Physical Systems Lab -- Engineering and understanding collaborative, assured autonomy.
- DynaaTECC (Dynamics Acoustics Aeroelasticity Theory Experiments Computations Controls) Lab -- The DynaaTECC research laboratory deals with dynamics, acoustics, aeroelasticity, theory, experiments, computations and controls of mobility systems found in engineering and medical cross-disciplinary fields that can behave rigidly or flexibly under natural and forced environments.
- Energy Systems Automation, Optimization, and Integration Lab - Enabling Next Generation Energy Systems.
- Green Transportation Laboratory (GTL) – Design, test, in-situ neutron radiography and numerical modeling on Proton Exchange Membrane (PEM) Fuel Cells and Li Batteries. UC Davis Formula SAE Hybrid Racing Team Project.
- Human Robotics Vehicle Integration and Performance - Broadly interdisciplinary research to keep humans alive in extreme and highly hazardous environments, such as spaceflight, aircraft emergencies and robotic surgery.
- Hydrogen Production and Utilization Laboratory – Study of hydrocarbon reformation via steam and autothermal reforming methods, renewable hydrogen production, hydrogen clean-up methods, optimization of fuel cell vehicles and fuel cell power systems, Hydrogen combustion, demonstration and operation of a Heavy-Duty Fuel Cell Transit Bus.
- Integration Engineering Laboratory – Interdisciplinary study of all aspects involved in developing networked intelligent robotic and mechatronic systems, from designing mechanical components to control systems and custom software development.
- Intelligent Manufacturing Laboratory – Development of software and automation technologies, including tools, robots, computers, and instruments, with application to mechatronics and manufacturing process design and control.
- Manufacturing and Sustainable Technologies Research (MASTeR) Laboratory -- Educating people about sustainable manufacturing, researching process mechanisms, and identifying how manufacturing processes affect product life cycle, all within the scope of abrasive processes.
- Material Performance Laboratory – Study of material endurance using mechanical testing, simulation, residual stress measurements, and advanced data acquisition systems.
- SMARTLAB -- Scaled Model Aerospace Research and Testing Laboratory.
- Steel Lab -- The Solar Thermal and Energy Enhancement Laboratory (STEEL) was developed to further research in advanced heat exchangers for a variety of applications such as solar power generation, thermal desalination, waste heat utilization, and solar fuels.