Ensure Your Application is Complete
Your application will not be considered complete until we have all of your application materials, including letters of recommendation, transcripts and test scores. Your application will not be reviewed until it is marked complete – if this is after the deadline, other applicants will be considered and admitted before your application is reviewed.
Application Requirements for Fall 2022:
- Graduate Application (all parts of the application must be completed)
- Application Fee: $120.00 Domestic, $140.00 International. Note: students who have participated in or are affiliated with certain programs (e.g. CAMP, LSAMP, UC LEADS, McNair Scholars) may be eligible for a fee waiver. See the Graduate Studies website for details. Additionally, domestic PhD applicants may be eligible for a fee waiver through the College of Engineering Dean's Office (COE) Equity Program. Eligibility requirements can be found below.**
- Transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Statement of Purpose and Personal History and Diversity Statement.
- TOEFL or IELTS score (for nationals of non-English-speaking countries) Note: minimum score required is 80 on internet-based TOEFL or 7 on a 9-point scale on IELTS.
**Please note that the GRE is not required for Fall 2022 admissions.
**COE Equity Program Fee Waiver Eligibility
- Applicants must seek Fall 2022 admission to a PhD program administered by the College of Engineering. Applicants for MS programs are not eligible for a fee waiver through this program.
- Only US citizens or current permanent residents are eligible to receive a fee waiver through this program.
- Applicants who have participated in other Graduate Preparation Programs listed here already qualify for a fee waiver through that program.
Details About the Request Form
- Please visit this webpage to access the fee waiver request form: https://engineering.ucdavis.edu/coe-equity-program
- Applicants will need to provide brief contact information, as well as provide short responses to two questions.
- Those who qualify for a fee waiver will receive an email with directions on how to use the waiver. (NOTE: waivers will be sent daily Monday-Friday only)