The MAE External Board of Advisors is a distinguished group of professionals who support the mission of the UC Davis Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering. Members of the Board are invited by the faculty of the department, and are known as accomplished leaders in industry, national laboratories, and academic institutions. Individually, each has an established connection with the campus, and together they are committed to helping UC Davis offer a world-class research and educational program in mechanical and aerospace engineering.
The MAE External Board of Advisors provides counsel for the strategic directions of the department, including growth plans, research foci, and educational innovation and excellence. Members also provide insight and advice in public outreach, fundraising, and employment of MAE graduates. The Board meets annually with the faculty and students of the Department, and members agree to be available for consultation during the rest of the year.
- George Alabi, Regional Director Product Marketing – Boeing Commercial Airplanes
- Jim Appleton, Chief, Division of Research, Innovation, and System Information – CALTRANS
- Steve Cohan, VP Controls Technology , TechnipFMC - Schilling Robotics
- Sarah D’Souza, Aerospace Flight Systems Engineer - NASA Ames
- George Engelmann - Aerojet Rocketdyne
- Mike Hardwick, Director – Sandia National Laboratory
- Rose McCallen, Senior Staff Manager – Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- Cynthia Murphy, Competency Development Manager – Chevron
- Michelle Pantoya, Professor – Texas Tech University
- Garrett Reisman, Director of Space Operations - SpaceX
- Iman Soltani, Research Scientist - Ford Research and Innovation Center, Lab Palo Alto
- Bernard Soriano, Deputy Director – California Department of Motor Vehicles