Welcome to the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering. This page is designed to ensure our incoming students are aware of their next steps in the orientation process. Please read through all of the information on this page prior to contacting a MAE Advisor.
Step 1: Complete Aggie 101
- Access Aggie 101
- Before learning about the College of Engineering, and the MAE Department, learn more about UC Davis and the resources available to you.
Students may access the Aggie 101 modules:
First Year Students: Beginning May 4, 2022.
Transfer Students: Beginning June 8, 2022.
Please click here for additional information.
Step 2: Complete Canvas Module for the College of Engineering
- Accessing Canvas Module
- These modules will delve more into the academic side of orientation. They will mainly cover how to enroll in courses, what to consider for your first schedule in Fall and how to determine your transfer credit/AP/IB Scores.
You may begin accessing these modules after completing Aggie 101.
First Year Students: Beginning May 9, 2022.
Transfer Students: Beginning June 13, 2022.
Click here for additional information.
Step 3: Attend the MAE Department Orientation
We want to make sure you get all the information you need to register for Fall classes with confidence. To do that, your advisor will need you to come prepared with specific information and questions. The following tips will help you get ready.
- Click through our LinkTree to learn about our department
- MAE Advising has created an interactive LinkTree that covers many of the common questions new students have regarding our majors and department. You may access this information by clicking here.
- Sign up for a MAE Orientation Session.
- During these orientation sessions, a MAE advisor will briefly discuss some key tips to consider when adjusting the to UC Davis system and review specific College of Engineering and MAE department specific information.
First Year Students - Date Pending
Transfer Students - Date Pending
Are you considering a different major in the College of Engineering? Click here to learn about other departments within our college.
- Additional Information for MAE Advising
- New students will have access to schedule an appointment to speak with an MAE advisor after completing the Aggie 101 AND College of Engineering Canvas modules. Access will be updated daily.
Speaking with a MAE advisor is completely optional for first year students.
We encourage transfer students to speak with an advisor to ensure your courses are appropriate for Fall.
You may schedule an appointment by clicking here.
- Login to Schedule Builder to check your Pass time and search for the courses your advisor has recommended.
- Check your UC Davis email for important announcements and reminders.
- Watch this brief video from our previous peer advisor to learn some tips on how to navigate your first few quarters with UC Davis.