Core MAE Courses, by Research Area
The courses listed below provide the fundamentals needed in each of the disciplinary areas under which they are listed. They constitute a de facto core for each disciplinary area.
Fluid Dynamics and Transport Phenomena
- MAE 210A: Advanced Fluid Mechanics and Heat Transfer.
- MAE 210B: Advanced Fluid Mechanics and Heat Transfer.
- MAE 220: Mechanical Vibrations.
- MAE 222: Advanced Dynamics.
Controls and Mechatronics
- MAE 271: Advanced Modeling and Simulation of Mechatronic Systems.
- MAE 272: Theory and Design of Control Systems.
Mechanical Design and Manufacturing
- MAE 250A: Advanced Methods in Mechanical Design.
- MAE 250B: Advanced Methods in Mechanical Design.